Advanced Driving Schools
The BMW Club of America, Trillum Chapter runs 4 Advanced Driving School during the year (for 2020 - April 24-26, June 5-7, August 28-30, and October 23-25). Depending on response, we will have a 3-day weekend at Calabogie (near Ottawa) on July 17-19 and Pittsburg International Race Complex on Sept 14-16. Our weekend schools cater to all experience levels: novice, intermediate, advanced and solo students. We offer expert, personalized, one-on-one instruction sessions both in-car on-track and in the classroom. Between the classroom and the track we hone your car control skills on the skid pad. Typically each group of students goes through four 30-minute rotations of each type of session per day – which makes for a very varied and engaging event. Our school events are are exciting, highly educational and lots of fun! Saturday includes a guided track-walk reviewing each famous Mosport corner up close and personal – just like the pros do! The highlight of Saturday evening is a catered dinner, including raffles for swag as well as a full dose of camaraderie, before heading off for some well deserved rest and another full day of excitement on Sunday!
Our Friday schools are reserved for solo students and instructors only. Please click here for full details for approved Solo students.
Pricing various from year to year, event to event, time of sign up, etc. Typically, prices are in the $500-$650 (not/not including HST) range for weekends. Prices are in Canadian dollars. Please click on each event for details on pricing.
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must have a full G License
- You must be a Trillium Club Member with dues paid up
- If you've never attended a school before you must complete and sent in your driving resume from the "Driving Resume Questionnaire" link (NOTE: You must be logged in before you can use the questionnaire. It will not appear for anonymous users).
- You must bring an approved and signed Technical Inspection Form
- You must bring a signed waiver for the track. For 2020, you will need to bring a COVID19 waiver as well. You can find both clicking here: Trillium Forms
- Any make of open-top car (convertible, T-top or Targa top) with factory installed rollover protection meets our standard. On track, the convertible top must be in the "up" position or the removable components latched in place. If the open-top car does not have factory installed rollover protection, a roll bar or roll cage must be installed. In that case it can run with the top down with the removable components not in place. It is up to you to ensure that the roll bar or cage meets generally accepted standards for such equipment, such as those of CASC-OR. A roll bar must also meet the “broom stick rule”, namely that the driver’s helmeted head is below a broom resting on the top of the windshield and the roll bar. In the case of a rollover in an open car, there is a danger of losing a limb or a hand unless arm restraints are employed.
- Vehicles that may not/not participate include: Open-wheeled cars, trucks (including light trucks), vans (including minivans), SUVs, cross-overs, military vehicles, delivery vehicles, three-wheeled vehicles, motorcylces, etc. Basically anything that isn't a coupe, gran coupe (i.e. sedan without a b-pillar), sedan, station wagon, hatch back, or compact. Please note Trillium reserves the right to restrict any vehicle from participation if we believe there is an unacceptable safety risk to either the driver and/or other participants.
- Hybrid / Electric vehicles: If it's a car, you may bring it but please note that as of 2018 there were no charging stations available at Mosport.
- What about vehicle X?: Automotive technology changes all the time. What used to be a death trap in 1953 might be very safe in 2018. If you think your vehicle might be a type not previously evaluated (such as new generation cross-overs or certain track-day cars such as the KTM X-Bow, Radical, etc), send us the make, model, and year and we will look into whether such vehicles qualify.
- For 2020, we are allowing helmets that meet the SA2010 standard, or later). A very limited number of loaner helmets are available at the track. Motorcycle helmet are not allowed. Please note an 'M' helmet does not mean motorspot. It means 'M'otorcycle.
- The driver and passenger seat belts must be equal. This means if your driver seat has a 5-point harness, your passenger seat must also have a 5-point harness.
- Long pants are mandatory, no tank tops, no open shoes, no synthetics (cotton, or silk only)
- Refunds: Fees are refundable up to 15 days prior to the event and may be subject to a small admin fee charged by the payment processor. Please note the club is not responsible for currency fluctuations. There are no refunds for cancellations at 14 days or less. In the case of a cancellation, the club will offer participants another school within the same year. What if it's the last school of the year? Contact us via email to discuss available options.
- Bulk purchases are only valid for the current season
- Driver substitutions are not allowed
- Student drivers are NOT permitted to carry any passengers while on track, or during skid pad/autoslalom exercises, except for Trillium approved instructors. Instructors are the only drivers permitted to carry passengers in their cars, such as the school students, or guests.
- Technical Inspection Form
- A Track Waiver Form and, for 2020, you will need to bring a COVID19 waiver as well. Find both here: Trillium Forms
You car must be inspected by a licensed mechanic according to all of the criteria on the club's technical inspection form. At the time of your inspection you must ensure your mechanic completes and signs the form. This inspection should be completed no earlier than 4 weeks before the driving school. A seperate technical inspection is requied for each and every driving school you attend. You must present the completed and signed form on the morning of the first day of the driving school. Without a completed and signed form you will not be allowed out on the track.
When and Where
Please arrive by 6:30 am to register and prepare your car. There is a Mandatory Drivers Meeting at 7:45 am. We thank you in advance for arriving on time!
Click on the following link www.canadiantiremotorsportpark.com for directions and general information on track facilities. Our events are held at the Grand Prix track. Look for signage indicating the correct entrance gate.